• Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Daily The Business
  • Privacy Policy
Social icon element need JNews Essential plugin to be activated.
Friday, May 22, 2026
Daily The Business
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
DTB
No Result
View All Result
DTB

Lamborghini CEO cites lack of engine noise as a reason the company scrapped its EV

February 24, 2026
in evs, lamborghini, plug-in-hybrids, Transportation
Lamborghini CEO cites lack of engine noise as a reason the company scrapped its EV
Lamborghini's concept, the Lanzador, has been scrapped amid a slump in EV demand.

Lamborghini

  • Lamborghini's CEO said the company shelved its EV project late last year.
  • He said that an EV's silent powertrain lacked the 'emotional connection' Lamborghini owners expected.
  • Instead, Lamborghini will shift its focus to plug-in hybrid vehicles.

The roar of Lamborghini's screaming V10 and V12 engines won't go silent.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, CEO Stephan Winkelmann said the Italian supercar maker has scrapped plans for its first all-electric model, the Lanzador, after consumer interest in high-priced EVs flattened to "close to zero."

"EVs, in their current form, struggle to deliver this specific emotional connection," he told the Times, adding that engine noise is often a selling point for luxury sports cars. "The decision was made after over a year of continuous internal discussion, engaging with customers, dealers, market analysis, and global data."

Lamborghini first announced the Lanzador EV in 2023, and the high-riding two-door coupe was scheduled to hit dealerships by 2029.

Winkelmann said the car will now come to market as a plug-in hybrid instead.

The shift marks a notable recalibration for the Volkswagen-owned supercar brand. In 2021, Lamborghini laid out an electrification road map that was supposed to add a fully-electric car by the "second half of the decade." The company said it wanted to cut its 2024 carbon emissions in half.

Winkelmann told the Times that by 2030, its entire lineup will feature a gas engine and a battery that can be plugged into an electrical outlet.

He added that it will continue building internal combustion engines "for as long as possible."

"Lamborghini is fully prepared for full electric," the company said in a statement to Business Insider. "However, market readiness within the segment is not yet aligned with this transition."

Read the original article on Business Insider
Previous Post

Snowstorm blankets US northeast as New York sees travel ban

Next Post

China imposes export controls on 20 Japanese entities to curb ‘remilitarisation’

American Dollar Exchange Rate
Write us: info@dailythebusiness.com

© 2021 Daily The Business

Social icon element need JNews Essential plugin to be activated.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result

© 2021 Daily The Business

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Premium SEO Backlinks
Hacklink Satın Al
Premium SEO Backlinks