- You can unblock someone on Facebook using the desktop website or the mobile app.
- Once you unblock someone, you’ll be able to see their Facebook posts again and send them direct messages.
- Here’s how to unblock someone from any device.
Maybe you were tired of your uncle’s constant political posts. Maybe you saw enough videos of your high school classmate’s cat. Whatever the reason, you blocked someone on Facebook.
But what if you want to unblock them? Facebook lets you unblock anyone quickly without alerting them. Unblocking someone will even re-add them to your Friends list if you were friends before the block.
Here’s how to unblock someone on Facebook desktop or mobile.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via the Facebook website
1. From anywhere on Facebook, find and click your profile photo in the top-right corner of the page.
2. In the resulting drop-down menu, click Settings & privacy and then click Settings.
3. In the column on the left side of the screen, click Privacy then click Blocking.
4. Go to the Blocked Users section and click Edit. Click See your blocked list.
5. Click Unblock next to the person’s name who you wish to unblock.
6. Click Confirm in the pop-up window that appears.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via the Facebook mobile app
1. Open the Facebook app and tap Menu in the bottom-right corner (iPhone) or top-right corner (Android).
2. In the Menu page that appears, scroll down to tap Settings & Privacy, then Settings.
3. On the Settings page, scroll down and tap Blocking.
4. You’ll be shown a full list of everyone you have blocked. Tap Unblock next to anyone’s name, and then confirm by tapping Unblock again.