- OnlyFans has become a go-to platform for creators, particularly in the sphere of adult content.
- Influencers have built lucrative businesses on the subscription platform.
- From DMs to personalized content, here’s how creators make $10,000 a month or more on OnlyFans.
The subscription website OnlyFans has become the go-to platform for creators who publish paywalled content online, particularly those in the adult industry.
According to Statista, the platform registers about one billion visits a month. Ami Gan, the company’s CEO, said in October 2022 that OnlyFans had paid out $10 billion to creators since its founding in 2016, and that the platform had over 2 million creators.
Insider spoke with a number of influencers who have built successful businesses on OnlyFans, and who make $10,000 a month from it — or, in some cases, much more.
Identifying the best and most efficient ways to monetize on OnlyFans can be complex, especially for those who are unfamiliar with the service and its features.
Creator Morgan Edwards faced this issue when she first joined in 2019.
“I was absolutely in the dark,” said Edwards, who goes by the pseudonym “Kitty K” online. “One of the things that I did was really just sit back, observe, and sort of do what others did.”
Edwards tried different approaches, and eventually decided to focus on selling personalized videos for her subscribers. She was making $60,000 a month when she spoke with Insider.
Read more about how Edwards and six other creators who make thousands of dollars per month established their prices
Here are the top ways OnlyFans stars earn $10,000 or more per month:
Subscriptions: The most common way to start earning an income on OnlyFans is by placing content behind a paywall. OnlyFans allows users to establish their own pricing tiers for monthly subscriptions on the platform.
While some creators keep their pages free of charge, others prefer a model that is more expensive for a smaller number of fans.
Read more about how seven OnlyFans creators established their pricing strategies
Direct messaging: Some creators build their presence on OnlyFans based on the direct communication they establish with their fans and on connecting with them on a personal level through messaging.
“I understood that what guys wanted was a connection, so I sort of created this method of texting where I write and make videos at the same time,” said Amber Sweetheart, who has 26,000 fans.
Read more about Sweetheart’s business and how she used DMs to make over $2 million on OnlyFans
Personalized content: Another way for creators to build a relationship with their fans is creating bespoke content for them for a fee.
Promo “shoutouts”: Creators rely on marketing tactics to get new customers, like buying and selling “shoutouts” from each other to advertise on OnlyFans and on other social-media platforms.
When Riley Reid joined the platform, she enjoyed recognition from her career in the adult movie industry, and decided to help new creators on OnlyFans by providing promotional spaces on her page for a fee.
“A lot of girls just kept asking me to pay for shoutouts,” Reid said.
Read more about the lucrative business of selling promotional “shoutouts.”
How 8 OnlyFans creators built their incomes to over $10,000 per month:
- Australian creator Audrey Aura built her income to $21,000 per month. She also started a coaching program to help others get started on the platform.
- Teddy Bear built a brand as a male OnlyFans creator, and made approximately $25,000 per month on the platform.
- MelRose Michaels earns around $30,000 per month. She shared tips on how to promote OnlyFans by posting safe-for-work content on other platforms.
- Belle Grace earned an average of $35,000 per month. She shared the exact posting schedule she used to achieve that.
- Kitty Morgan was making between $40,000 and $60,000 per month. She said building an audience on social media was a successful promotional strategy for her.
- Morgan Edwards’ monthly earnings were about $60,000 per month. Personalized content was they key to find success for her.
- Amber Sweetheart averages about $62,000 per month in revenue from her main account. She explained why her business is built primarily on direct messages to fans.
- Steph Mi has earned over $73,000 per month without doing nudity. She broke down how she built her following, from livestreams to a golf show.
How 3 OnlyFans creators are making over $100,000 per month:
- Isabella James was averaging $170,000 a month in OnlyFans revenue. She focused on private messaging to build the bulk of her income.
- Bryce Adams made an average of $450,000 per month on OnlyFans. Here’s how she made seven figures in just over a year.
- Superstar creator and OnlyFans model Amouranth was making up to $1.5 million a month on the platform. She broke down her strategy and advice to new creators.